et’s be honest, do you really need to know anything besides the fact that you’re one click away from brewing your very own beer? Well, if you must know more check out our review below, but we both know you’re already dreaming about creating your very own homemade brewery.
Mr. Beer Home Brew Kit
There are several different Mr. Beer Home Brew Kits:
- Mr. Beer Deluxe Edition Home Microbrewery System
- Mr. Beer Premium Edition Home Microbrewery System
- Mr. Beer Premium Gold Edition Home Brew Kit
After looking through each kit in depth it only seemed worthwhile to go with the Gold Edition, duh.
There’s actually no difference in the brewing system between all 3 kits. The main difference is in what each microbrewery system includes. We found that if you ended up going with one of the smaller systems you end up spending more money buying accessories like additional bottles or brew packs. The price is almost negligible so you’re better off going with the Mr. Beer Premium Gold Edition Home Brew Kit.
How it Works
If you’re new to brewing don’t worry, Mr. Beer makes it fairly straightforward and simple.
Here’s a quick run down of the process:
- Use the no rinse sanitizer to clean out the fermenting keg
- Bring some water to boil and add in your booster pack
- Mix in your pale ale concentrated wort, which adds the “wheaty” flavor
- Pour your mix into your keg and fill the remaining space with cold water
- Add in the yeast, which will ferment your mixture into beer
- Allow the fermentation to take place for at least 7 days at room temperature
- Begin the bottling process by adding in 1 tbsp of sugar and filling your bottles
- Allow an additional fermentation for 7 more days (though allowing it to ferment longer will yield different flavors)
- That’s it, drink your beer!
We told you it was simple.
Eventually as you get a little more experienced you can play around a bit with the steps above, especially when it comes to testing fermentation times in order to create a sweeter or bolder tasting beer.
Is Mr. Beer Really Worth It?
Some people may look at this product and think it’s just a gimmick and that you can’t actually make your own home brewery this simply or that everything will just go wrong and it won’t work out.
Truth is, Mr. Beer works. Are you going to be bottling a new brand of beer to compete with Corona? No, probably not.
But you can definitely have your friends and family over to show off your home brewing skills. And they’ll be impressed!
What’s Included in the Brew Kit?
- 2 gallon fermenting keg with lid and tap
- (2) beer mixes
- (2) standard refill brew packs
- (8) reusable plastic 1-liter bottles (with caps)
- (8) labels
- Brewing with Mr. Beer brewer’s guide